Monday, August 29, 2011

Feeling Creative

I have been thinking a lot lately about old friends and shared memories. I fondly remember a dear friend who was very "crafty". She always had some cute thing in the works, from knitting to crochet. I remember how much I loved to watch her making granny squares. The bright colors spoke to my gypsy heart. They also reminded me of a era I loved......hippie clothes, good music, love beads and lava lamps (the free love and drugs I could do without). I never dressed that way but always wanted to.  Now they call it boho and it is the rage among young Hollywood. Now that I am an old lady I think I shall grow my hair out long, wear feathers in it and be the (drug free) hippie I always wanted to be. You know us old folks can get away with anything. People just say "look at that poor old thing." Not many good things come with old age but at least you can do whatever the heck you want to do! Right now I want to make more granny's!



1 comment:

  1. My Grandma used to do "Granny Squares". I am so glad you emailed me! I look forward to sharing RV stories with you! I live in Texas too! What a blast if we could hook up! Charlene

    ReplyDelete